Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time to BBQ.

We'll be here officially 6 months on February 1. Time has truly flown by! We realized its been a very long time since we've had true southern food so we're throwing a Southern shindig on Saturday and looking forward to it!

The proposed menu!
  • BBQ meats (I'm sure traditional bbq on the bone plus pulled meat for a bun)
  • Homemade BBQ sauce
  • Fried okra
  • Hushpuppies
  • Corn souffle (going to try this recipe and attempt to make creamed corn from scratch since its not sold here)
  • Baked beans
  • Gallons and gallons of sweet tea

Guests are bringing healthy appetizers and sides since the menu we're providing is pretty rich and unhealthy, but oh man, so yummy.

Next month is quite the travel month. I'll be in Zambia and Uganda, spending a week in each country. Will is going to join me in Uganda, which I'm happy about as I wasn't looking forward to turning 28 in a foreign country by myself. We're thinking of rafting the "Mighty Whitey Nile" and going to see chimps and gorillas. Excited? Heck yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe its been 6 months!!!